The Step challenge starts today! I’m super pumped and I hope you are too. For more information about the Step Challenge, check it out my previous post.
For the next month we will walk/run/hike/ski (or whatever) to stay positive and finish this winter season out on a strong note! Tune into the blog for fun fitness ideas, and tag us on social media and use the hashtag #stepwithit to win weekly challenges.
Step With It challenge: Get Stepping!
1) Register directly on our website or follow the links on Facebook or Instagram.
2) Choose a weekly activity or challenge to push yourself!
3) Submit your weekly step totals on Facebook, Instagram, or by email to email@example.com. And or share with the #stepwithit.
4) Enjoy the benefits of fresh air, exercise, and community encouragement!
Join us each Wednesday and submit your weekly step totals on Facebook, Instagram, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The individual with the most steps will be announced on Thursday morning. Don’t forget to tag Furnace Brook on social media with your pictures using the hashtag #stepwithit. Also, tune in to the blog as I’ll be posting words of encouragement, health tips, and recipes!
5 Reasons to Join the Step Challenge
As a scientist, I always ask the question, why? So why do the step challenge with Furnace Brook?
How to track your steps
Whether you have a step tracker or not, keeping track of steps is easy! Consider the following methods for step tracking.
1. Use your fitbit, smartphone, or step tracker to keep track of steps.
2. Log your miles. 1 mile is approximately 2,000 steps.
3. Use the Health App on your phone. Its probably already keeping track of your steps for you!
4. Use an app on your phone to log your steps. Here are some useful ones I have used in the past:
When I started running before Garmin watches and FitBits, I made my mom do this for me ;).
What fitness Apps do you use?
Have you ever done a step challenge before?
What keeps you motivated?
Written by Abigail Elliott
Furnace Brook Wesleyan Church Blog